Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Challenges - Life's Ingredient

Motif #6 ~ Geranium Leaf ~ Designer, Karey Solomon
Tatted with size 30 HDT (Yarnplayer) in Forest
I have always loved geraniums. Mother always required three elements of each play yard prepared by my Father. A white picket fence to protect her child; and, grass and flower beds for Mom and daughter ~ working together. In the desert we grew hens n chickens, in So Cal and the Valley near Sacramento, we grew geraniums, roses, four o'clocks and callas. As a young child, I looked for a pretty leaf to bring to my Mommy. She would pin the leaf to her kitchen window curtain and smile down at me! The last thing I gave her, as she was dying with cancer, was October leafs scattered amidst tiny pumpkins. That way she was aware the seasons had passed and she faced a new day with bravery and determination.

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a lovely post! Geraniums will now hold a new meaning for me. Thank you for sharing!

Marilee Rockley said...

Beautiful - both of them - the shared memory, and the leaf.