Wednesday, October 12, 2011

IT’S FALL YA’LL -- PHOTO TIME

LAST VIEW of New Mexico’s Fall Balloon celebration.  We saw this one on our way to CA.




IT’S A SMALL WORLD. . .Professor Claude Smith (WNMU, Silver City, NM) is an ex pat from AVOCA, Iowa.  Not a big deal BUT my Mother was born and went to school in Avoca; and Claude grew up there as his father was the pastor of the Congregational Church in Avoca.  Not at the same time, of course, but it was fun meeting someone who even knew where Avoca is located!  Zella, my Mom’s namesake, and Claude party at the University.

OCTOBER 12, 1956-FEBRUARY 14, 2007    LORI ELAYNE DAVIS-FIELDS   RIP “Lollie”
Today I remember all the good, fun times we had with our first-born daughter.  She was such a happy, friendly little one.  Too young to die, she passed away during the flu epidemic that spring.  One of those souls who were really never understood and never found her place in life.  But she knew “Who held her hand, and trusted her Lord for her eternity”  We will meet again!

Havent found the toaster as yet, BUT have found the pots n pans.  Still surrounded by boxes; no inside photos as yet.  This is my green, grassy yard.  I know grass isn’t a big thing to the reader, however, for one whose lived in the high desert for the last five years...grass is a big deal.  This is looking west with the plum tree.  Husband has big plans for landscaping, so except for the tree, this will change.


This shot is looking south and west and is the big persimmon tree.  And I DO know how to make persimmon cookies!  LOL  The Porch will be enlarged and screened for le chat and moi!  Also, husband wants to put up new fencing and the fence on the far left will be pushed back four or five feet so he can access the other side of our house (which is part of  the tenant’ side yard).  Seems very odd to have neighbors!  These folks are great, they’ve taken out all their back yard and it is all a huge garden!  How smart is that in this economy?  They brought over tomatoes the other day...home grown!  But, alas, tomatoes are not on ridgewoman’s kidney diet..no tomato products.  Have to avoid Potassium, Sodium and one I always forget!  

I’ve contacted Capitol Nephrology Group and my Tucson physicians are sending all my records, so should not be too long until I have a nephrologist.  By the time we arrived I had some blood in my urine, but that stopped 2 weeks after we arrived.  However, the Doctors are marking all the records URGENT so should not be too long until I’m plugged into the system (literally).

TODAY I’m going to begin TATTING for Christmas, if I can find the pattern book. MY OTHER goal for the day is putting up the pottery and keepsakes from the Southwest.  TONIGHT GRANDSON CHRIS is coming for dinner.  He is busy looking for an apartment to share with his brother.  I have “stuff” for him. A Microwave, Computer desk (it is a nice solid wood desk, but no room), cuddle chair and a half/makes into a bed, and various pots, dishes and useful sundries.  I can hardly wait for him to get the apartment so I can get a new sofa/daybed for the living room, a curio cabinet from Scandinavian Design Group, and a chez so I can sit with my feet propped up (reduces swelling).   Downsizing from 3,000 sq feet to 1,300 sq feet is no mean feat!  (groan)

NEXT TIME.....tatting and new photos of Zella who has grown taller and discovered her toes!

2 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Lovely to see your new garden. How lovely to have a persimmon tree in the garden too. Hope Pippa's enjoying all her new experiences there too.

Gina said...

It's hard to know what to keep and what to let go of after many many years but in some ways it is easier. Very good to have family to pass things onto!