Thursday, July 2, 2009

On the road again ~ with Donnacha; aka "Dom"

This is how I roll. . .my person lets me out of the 'net' to ride here until we stop to walk that little dog and buy gas...this is on the way from Tehatchapi, CA; nearing Barstow turn off to Big Bear.

THIS is the traffic we've encountered on this stretch. It's overcast, as you can see, and the temperature at 10:30 AM was 98 degrees Fahrenheit. The day before in the San Joaquin Valley it was 109 degrees! Too hot for man nor Leprechaun!
We arrived at Big Bear at lunch time ~ so we ate and checked in at our digs; and took an afternoon nap! Tomorrow we surprise Trudy, on her birthday, with her framed counted cross-stitch that my adopted "mom" finally finished. I don't know if she'll get a picture of the finished piece or not...I guess we'll all be surprised. Oh well, it's NOT tatting! hehehe She might eventually have a picture of herself on this trip; although clearly, I AM the STAR.

3 comments:

Tatskool said...

Lovely post, so glad to see the proof that you are all having a good time.

Maureen said...

You wouldn't want to run out of petrol on that road, would you! - nothing to see for miles around.
Enjoy the long drive home.

connie said...

Welcome back.
Good to hear from you.
You were missed.
Connie