Saturday, January 1, 2011

SNOW, GLORIOUS SNOW ? ? ? ?

WHITE OUT!


Normally, our view is all the way across Silver City, and Old Mexico 85 miles away!  Actually, this photo was taken after a complete white out on Saturday; as we would not have seen the newer  house that is down the ridge.


Loyal had to dig out this 4’ berm before he could back the Van out to go to the Pharmacy.  He made it down the mountain; alas, only to have to park at a neighbors down below ~ could not get back to our house on the ridge.  Where is a 4-wheel drive when you need one?

Finally retrieved the Van and car around 1 o’clock PM on 1/1/11

There may be snow outside, but the lap leopard is leaping about in a frenzy playing with her toys.  She can now leap from the woven trunk to the bed, that is about four and a half feet!  And she is still a baby!
Pippa is active in the AM when I get up at 6:30 or 7:30 AM; and quiet all night in her pen.  Then she plays in the evening again from about 5 PM to 8 PM and goes to her pen about 10 PM.  In between she sleeps, eats, does her daily cleaning up and goes to her box.  


Pippa loves Jane’s Roly Poly gags.  Especially the cabone ring and the handles.  They began all lined up and in 45 minutes she had them all scattered and was leaping from bag to bag, attacking with vigor.  She is so funny!  Of course, we are also teaching her manners.  She has toys, and she can play with things I give her. Pippa does listen and has learned her name and “no”!  She gets tough/tender love.

One last Pounce before I take survey my bed activity.

Mistress of all I survey!  Time for my ‘bath’, a bite of food, some water and a blissful nap!  Must store up energy for another go!

Yes, I’m tatting.  I’m using Ladyshutlemaker’s hdt. “chalk” and a pattern from the newer Judt book.  The pattern is called “Last of the Summer Sun” and, I think, the hdt is perfect; but, we shall see when it is finished.

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is an amazing snow scene! Our snow is all gone... melted in 51 degree temps and rain. I guess spring must be just around the corner! ; )

Ridgewoman said...

It is very strange; I can get into my own blog but can not visit all my friend’s blogs. Frustrating!

We are supposed to get up to 40 degrees next Monday or Tuesday. I was glad Loyal and Omar could get Beka and Loyal’s van up the mountain. I must do something nice for that neighbor!
bj

Fox said...

Pippa is so very beautiful! She seems like a quick study - for a feline! I love to hear about her progress.
♥ Fox : )

Gina said...

I'm happy to see our snow gone for awhile and milder temps but they went back down overnight.Still sunny though! I didn't think you got snow where you live. Make sure neither of you overdo it in that kind of weather.

Love Pippa. She's a delight to watch in photos.

Sally Kerson said...

It is lovely to see snow from a window, but not lovely trying to travel in it. Pleased you are all safe though and no accidents. Happy New Year and keep warm.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I LOVE the snow as you know....and Pippa is the most beautiful kitten I have ever seen! I love the name Pippa too; it was one of the names we considered for our "Piccadilly".
Happy New Year Grams!!!!

Cindy said...

Your view almost looks like mine in Minnesota - snow, snow, snow! It's beautiful, but not fun to drive in.

Pippa is absolutely beautiful - what a little character :)

Crazy Mom! said...

The snow is amazing! And Pippa is a darling girl. She sounds like so much fun!